This page contains the very simple steps to take to come to Christ and be saved (Jesus called it being “born again” in John 3:1-7). You will need a Bible here. If you don’t have one, please use the Biblegateway Bible Search Tool under Blogroll in the right column.
1) Believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ; that is, believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins, that He was buried, and that He was raised back to life on the third day.
Read 1 Corinthians 15: 1-4
2) Confess Jesus Christ is the Son of God and Lord
3) Be baptized to have your past sins washed away. This is how you come into a covenant relationship with Christ.
Read Matthew 3:13-15, Mark 16:14-16, John 3:1-7 (You must be born again), Matthew 28: 16-20, Acts 2:29-38, Acts 16:13-15, Acts 18: 5-8, Acts 19: 1-5, and Romans 6:1-4
4) Be obedient to Jesus for the rest of your life by loving and forgiving others, and loving God and Jesus first. Don’t live like you used to. From baptism on, live daily for Christ.
Read Matthew 22: 36-39, Ephesians 2:1-10, 2 Corinthians 5:17, and Galatians 5:16-26
5) Read the scriptures daily. They are from God. God’s word is food for your soul.
Read Psalm 119:105 and 2 Timothy 3:16-17
6) Go to worship services regularly and partake in the Lord’s Supper. Taking the Lord’s supper is how Christians remember the sacrifice of the body and blood of Jesus. Jesus said to do this.
Read Matthew 26: 26-28 and 1 Corinthians 11: 23-26
7) Preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to others.